3.5mm to standard audio speaker

dave.hills1986

Prominent
Oct 6, 2017
Alrite lads..

Wondered if this is possible. I have just bought a DJ controller, it has 3.5mm inputs for audio but I don’t really want to buy extra speakers as I already have decent ones with my stereo.. problem is it has the standard 2 wire input into them.

I have had a look online and you can buy 3.5mm to 2 wire input but will it work or just blow the speakers/controller?

I’m a tight arse and don’t want to buy anything else if I don’t have to lol

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers

kanewolf

Judicious
You don't have to buy an amplifier if you can use your home stereo. Maybe you aren't describing what you are trying to do. Are you trying to DJ at a party? If so, then yes you need to buy an amplifier, and probably speakers if you don't want to blow out your home stereo speakers.
Buying the 3.5mm to twin wires won't hurt the speakers. It just won't make much (if any sound). That is why you need an amp.
For a small room you could get speakers with built-in amplifiers. To DJ a large area you need an amp, or amps and speakers.

dave.hills1986

Prominent
Oct 6, 2017
Not a party as such just mixing tunes at home so doesn’t need to be club like sound.. so if I bought the 3.5 to twin stereo wire it wouldn’t blow the speakers.. I’ll give it a go and see what the sound quality is like then if I have to buy other speakers I will.

Thanks for your help.