william.clark

Prominent
Jan 22, 2018
I want to have my computer, phone, and Echo Dot all play wirelessly through my soundbar's TOSLINK (digital-optical) IN port simultaneously (without having to switch between them, but to be able to hear all 3 at the same times). How can I set this up?

Solution
Not a very common item, but the one unit that I am aware of that works and is relatively inexpensive is THIS JTech Optical Audio Matrix.

However, you cannot simply attach all three inputs and expect the output without any further effort on your part, you will need to use the remote to hit the switch button. I am not aware of any optical audio muxers that will play any/all input without further effort.

RealBeast

Distinguished
Not a very common item, but the one unit that I am aware of that works and is relatively inexpensive is THIS JTech Optical Audio Matrix.

However, you cannot simply attach all three inputs and expect the output without any further effort on your part, you will need to use the remote to hit the switch button. I am not aware of any optical audio muxers that will play any/all input without further effort.

Solution

RealBeast

Distinguished
+1 to you sir, I didn't even bother to think about what outputs his devices actually have! :lol: