30 pin EDP to LVDS Converter

elliotclark10

Prominent
Jan 16, 2018
Hello everyone,

I have an Asus ROG GL551JX (I think) 15.6" laptop with a 1080p LCD screen. It is a TN panel with a low contrast ratio, narrow viewing angle, and small color gamut. Not only is the panel of poor quality, but the 1080p resolution is too dense for the screen size and the desktop is tiny, or it is blurry from non-integer scaling. I wish to replace it with a 15.6" 1366x768 IPS panel with a 72% NTSC gamut as well as a ≥800:1 contrast ratio. Such panels do exist, but only with an LVDS connector, and the laptop utilities eDP. Converters from LVDS to EDP seem to be common, but there are virtually none the other way. Where can I get such a converter?

TLDR: Where can I buy a 30 pin EDP to LVDS converter for a laptop LCD panel? I cannot seem to find one anywhere.

elliotclark10

Prominent
Jan 16, 2018
As I have feared what I wish to do seems impractical if not impossible. It mystifies me that no good quality 768p screens are available for edp, and my desire for such a low resolution stems from ppi scaling issues as well as game performance concerns. 1080p unscaled is usable, just not my preference as I wish to target 96ppi. Oh well, my laptop's getting old, so I will have to replace it anyway.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
AhToki Laptop Tech Support 2
J Laptop Tech Support 1
D Laptop Tech Support 0
B Laptop Tech Support 1
Akshathere2022 Laptop Tech Support 2
M Laptop Tech Support 1
V Laptop Tech Support 1
P Laptop Tech Support 2
J Laptop Tech Support 3
P Laptop Tech Support 1
Z Laptop Tech Support 4