3x to 1x 3.5mm jack?

gibsonfirebird12

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2010
I'm thinking of getting a Dell speaker system. The input to the computer is 3x 3.5mm cables. My computer only has one input. Is there such a cable that can combine these in to one 3.5mm jack and where could I find this?

i think you are trying to say that your computer only has one 3.5mm jack output and that the dell speaker system has 3 3.5mm cable inputs.

are you using a laptop or pc?

if you are on a laptop then you might have to downgrade to a 2.0 or 2.1 system that runs on a single cable. if you really want a 5.1 system (3 cables) then they do make external usb sound cards though i've never used them myself.

if you are running a pc and you have a free pci slot then you could always get a sound card installed. you can get a decent 5.1 for under $30

if you want any more information you should list what equipment you currently have (brand, model of pc or laptop) and what you want to buy (brand, model of speakers)

also you should list if there are any other speakers you might be interested in, or if you want some general recommendations or not.

---

to answer your question simply: a splitter will not help you. see my reasons above.