5.1 Surround problems

Grim015

Honorable
Jan 14, 2014
Hello, i bought some speakers (Genius SW-HF5.1 4500) and i have some problems with the surround.... i plug them in my pc (MOBO:Asus crosshair v formula-z) through 1 3,5 jack ...and i have now only stereo ...but all speakers are working...how can i setup surround...?

Solution
5.1 systems have 3 x 3,5 jack output(orange, green and black). In order to have true surround sound you need to have a 5.1+ capable motherboard (they usually have 6 jack holes - blue, pink, orange, black green, grey) or a dedicated sound card and you need to plug in all the jacks.

Pink = Microphone In (mono)
Blue = Line-In (stereo)
Green = Line-Out / Front Speakers / Headphones
Orange = Center Speaker and Subwoofer
Black = Rear Surround Speakers (5.1, 7.1 systems)
Grey = Mid Surround Speakers (7.1 systems)

So make sure you connect all of them to get 5.1 true sound.

sincreator

Distinguished
May 27, 2009
I have realtek onboard audio and there is an option for speaker fill in the realtek program, that forces simulated surround sound with my Logitech x-530's. Maybe you have a similar option? Not all sources are surround though on PC. Most games are though, but you may have to manually set that in the game itself.

V1ctor89

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2010
5.1 systems have 3 x 3,5 jack output(orange, green and black). In order to have true surround sound you need to have a 5.1+ capable motherboard (they usually have 6 jack holes - blue, pink, orange, black green, grey) or a dedicated sound card and you need to plug in all the jacks.

Pink = Microphone In (mono)
Blue = Line-In (stereo)
Green = Line-Out / Front Speakers / Headphones
Orange = Center Speaker and Subwoofer
Black = Rear Surround Speakers (5.1, 7.1 systems)
Grey = Mid Surround Speakers (7.1 systems)

So make sure you connect all of them to get 5.1 true sound.

Solution