5th Generation i5 vs 4th Generation i7

SamG57

Estimable
Aug 23, 2015
Hy ladies and gentlemen!
I want to purchase a new laptop machine. I am software developer.I need a machine for game development, software development and for some video editing stuff.I might use it for playing COD and battlefield.
I was looking for a i7 machine.I liked a machine.It was Dell Inspiron 5547 Core i7 16GB 1TB 2GB GC 1080p FHD Touchscreen. It has Haswell processor while Broadwell is the latest one.
I also like another machine Dell Inspiron 7548 5TH Gen Ci7 08GB 1 TB 15.6" Full HD TouchScreen. It has 5th generation processor but has no dedicated graphics card and it also has 8GB of RAM as compared to first machine. Second machine is just 5$ expensive than the first one.
Now the problem is generation. I know that generation matters but after all how much it would matter?
First machine has good RAM(I also use virtual machines) and ATI R7 M265 graphics card while second machine has no dedicated graphics. But on the other hand second machine has 5th generation processor while the first one has 4th generation processor.
First machine processor is 2.0 GHz Turbo Boost up to 3.1 GHz (Haswell - 4th Gen) -i7-4510U
Second machine processor is 2.4 GHz Turbo Boost 3.0 (4 MB Cache, 5th Gen)-i7-5500U
I have searched a lot and I have came to the point that 5th generation is just a little bit better, it gives you better graphics and low power consumption.that's all. But there are some guys who say to ignore the 4th generation and go for 5th generation.
So, what are your suggestions?
Here the links for complete specifications
First Machine: http://paklap.com/all-ultrabooks/dell5547-ci72gb.html
Second Machine: http://paklap.com/all-core-i7-laptops/7548ci7fhdtouch.html

SamG57

Estimable
Aug 23, 2015

But the other one is 5th generation. Does being a 5th generation makes that machine much better than the other one even though it is low on RAM and has no dedicated GPU?

User3335

Estimable
Sep 10, 2014

No there isn't much difference.