Question A component burned in the MBO

Nov 10, 2020
Hi everyone,

I have ROG GL552V it was working normally until I plugged in a USB flash drive it was suddenly go off. Since then it doesn’t boot or charge it’s simply died , I tried opening it inside and noticed there was a component completely burned I couldn’t identify it (I included pics). Anyone here knows what is it or what cause the burn and how to fix it?

Pics

Any help is appreciated. Thanks

I noticed you are laying the motherboard on a wooden table. You need to educate yourself on proper anti-static precautions (ESD).

There is no feasible way for you to repair this yourself. Why it burned out could very well be related to some other component so even if you could change this, it may just go bad again right away. This appears to be a small circuit board. It may be plugged in or soldered down. Can't tell much from the picture. You need to use a repair shop. Sorry

Nov 10, 2020
I noticed you are laying the motherboard on a wooden table. You need to educate yourself on proper anti-static precautions (ESD).

There is no feasible way for you to repair this yourself. Why it burned out could very well be related to some other component so even if you could change this, it may just go bad again right away. This appears to be a small circuit board. It may be plugged in or soldered down. Can't tell much from the picture. You need to use a repair shop. Sorry
I will do. Thank you so much for the input

Last edited by a moderator: