a problem receiving a tv ch

reble

Honorable
Nov 14, 2013
I have a Skyworth hd tv/dvd player and a RCA dta809 hd converter for my (older non hd digital) Sony dvd/vcr recorder/player. Both the Skyworth hd flatscreen tv and the RCA down converter can not receive ch's 25.1 and 25.2. All the other ch's come in just fine on one of those as seen on tv indoor antennas. The converter box and my tv act as if ch's 25.1 and 25.2 aren't transmitting period. The hd tv in the master bed room and the hd tv in the living room both pick up 25.1 and 25.2 just fine on the same indoor antenna (I got 3 of those indoor antennas). I used to beable to pick up 25.1 and 25.2 on the RCA down converter and the Skyworth hd tv. I tried resetting both the RCA down converter and the Skyworth hd tv back to factory default settings and do a new auto tv ch scan. No luck. Neather the tv or the converter box will see 25.1 or 25.2. I am a lose as to what to do next.

Steve

reble

Honorable
Nov 14, 2013
It is funny that I was able to pick up kndu ch 25 for as long as I have lived here. Then wamo 1 night when I wanted to watch kndu's news nothing was receiving. I have tried turning the antenna, moving the antenna higher. Still nothing. I am next going to move the antenna. Also when I get my next SSDI monthly check I am going to get one of those broadband rf tv preamps and see if I can boost the signal. By the way I have direct line of sight to the tv towers on top of the hill only a few miles away.

reble

Honorable
Nov 14, 2013
I finely fixed the problem. ch's 25.1 and 25.2 plus all the other stations are coming in rock solid 5 by 9 rst now. But this is strange. The tv transmitting towers are on a hill directly south (180°) from me. Direct line of sight and only a few miles away. That's were I got the best signal for all ch's before. I had to turn the antenna to around 300° before ch's 25.1 and 25.2 had enough single strenght for the tv to detect the ch's. The only thing I can think of is the signal is been bounced off somthing. But I should be getting a very strong signal when the antenna is pointed directly at the tv antenna.

Steve