A strange problem with my laptop keyboard.

khaledegy200

Honorable
May 8, 2013
I don't really know how to describe it, but the Fn key effect seems to be always on and I have to press it to undo the effect. It really bothers me because it converts a bunch of keys in the middle into numpad and I don't know any effective solutions right now. Also re-installing the windows is out of the question until I get an external hdd because the hard drive is full.

Additional info if it helps:

Windows 7 ultimate 64-bit

acer aspire 4752

Solution
Can toggle it off so it stays that way, just need to find out what the combination of keys are.

Fn + F8
Fn + Numlock
Fn + F11

Try those simultaneously and see if works. If not work then check your manual via hard copy or online and see what the combination is to turn Fn off.

boju

Distinguished
Can toggle it off so it stays that way, just need to find out what the combination of keys are.

Fn + F8
Fn + Numlock
Fn + F11

Try those simultaneously and see if works. If not work then check your manual via hard copy or online and see what the combination is to turn Fn off.

Solution

khaledegy200

Honorable
May 8, 2013

hahahahha. Thank you man. I totally forgot that numlock key even exists, it's been ages since the last time I used it, got used to the upper numbers . I really feel so stupid right now. Again thanks for the answer.