Ability to undervolt my cpu

Hello,

I have a laptop with a second generation intel i7-2640m processor. I have searched online and it says that 2nd generation mobile cpus cannot be undervolted and how they may benefit slightly but I believe the desktop variants can be undervolted. I am not sure about this. If this cpu is able to be undervolted what would you recommend on how to approach it?

Solution
The main obstacle to under/over voltage in a laptop is that the option is not given in BIOS by most manufacturers. The belief is that minimizing the BIOS settings the customer can play with should keep the laptop running longer and voltages are dangerous for the customer to "play" with.
There may be a few exceptions (such as Alienware and Sager/Clevo) but I'd honestly be surprised to see voltages as anything but locked in a mainstream laptop.
The main obstacle to under/over voltage in a laptop is that the option is not given in BIOS by most manufacturers. The belief is that minimizing the BIOS settings the customer can play with should keep the laptop running longer and voltages are dangerous for the customer to "play" with.
There may be a few exceptions (such as Alienware and Sager/Clevo) but I'd honestly be surprised to see voltages as anything but locked in a mainstream laptop.

Solution