AC adapter not the one originally shipped?

goldenbootz

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2011
hey guys, at start up on my laptop I get a message saying "ac adapter isn't the 150w originally shipped" or something along those lines. Could anyone tell me what that means? My laptop will no longer charge for me but if plugged in, stays at the same % it was when this occurred. Its at 6% currently and if i unplug it at all it'll go into hibernate mode and I don't think i'll be able to get it back on. Any help will be greatly appreciated

AldurDisciple

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2012
Same problem with same laptop ... I noticed that sometimes my battery's status is "plugged, in charge", and sometimes it is "plugged, not in charge"... I also noticed that when the status is "plugged, not in charge" I have poor performances in games (just like when I play on battery actually ...)
Nobody ever solved this problem ?

G

I have the same laptop and the error occurs to me whenever I have a disconnected battery.(I often disconnect it to preserve battery life)
The poor performance is also something I have had to deal with, but after some tests I figured out that there was just too many dust inside the cooling fans causing the laptop to get to about 90 degrees (C) and cause major lags as an automatic prevention to avoid further damage. The reason you would not notice this heat is because the laptop only shuts itself down when it reaches the 104 degrees (C). (at least with my hardware)

What i did was just unscrew the 2 bolts in the battery area, slide the bottom lid off, and clean the two fan outputs. (the part where the air comes out... don't know the right word for it. it's like those 2 blocks you can easily detach)

sorry for posting to such an old thread, but I've come across this page numerous times and it bugged me that there was no useful reply.