Acer Apire E5-575G-52DA does not shut down or sleep or restart

angelblue

Prominent
Jun 30, 2017
Please help. I have an Acer Aspire E5-575-52DA

It was working properly for a long time but today I inserted an old SD card of my uncle to view old pictures and after I view what files are on there, I turned off my laptop but it didn't shut down.. I tried to shut it down again but nothing happens. I also tried to restart or sleep my laptop and nothing also happens... I dont know what happened, I didn't open anything except pictures but this happened..

Can you please help me know how to fix these? or will I just wait for my laptop to drain? :( I dont know what to do..

Solution
It is possible there was something else on the SD card other than his photos. Or it could have just been bad timing that this happened when the card had been in the device.

I would let it run out of power and then while it is off let it charge a bit. Once it has a little bit of a charge, turn it on. If it runs fine, great. Now all you need to do is scan the computer for viruses, malware, etc. Then after, restart it.

If, however, it doesn't turn on fine, turn it back off, or wait for the power to drain if it won't turn off. Charge it a short while again while off and then try turning it on in "Safe Mode". While in there check the computer for and malware, etc. You may even wish to try going back to a restore point prior to the time you...
It is possible there was something else on the SD card other than his photos. Or it could have just been bad timing that this happened when the card had been in the device.

I would let it run out of power and then while it is off let it charge a bit. Once it has a little bit of a charge, turn it on. If it runs fine, great. Now all you need to do is scan the computer for viruses, malware, etc. Then after, restart it.

If, however, it doesn't turn on fine, turn it back off, or wait for the power to drain if it won't turn off. Charge it a short while again while off and then try turning it on in "Safe Mode". While in there check the computer for and malware, etc. You may even wish to try going back to a restore point prior to the time you placed the SD card into the computer.

Solution

woahwoahwilly

Prominent
Jan 18, 2018
I think there was definitely more on that SD card. This means there could have been a virus on the card. Who knows? Depending on how old your uncle is, he might be one of those people who downloads everything he faces (no matter how suspicious that stuff might be).

woahwoahwilly

Prominent
Jan 18, 2018
I mean that older PC users (through thorough research) will *usually* (so not every older person, keep that in mind so you don't get mad later) download whatever comes their way no matter how suspicious or useless it may be, as it's happened to lots of people. It's usually because they're not that tech-savvy. But there was probably more than just the pictures on the SD card, and that possibly your uncle randomly downloaded a virus carelessly on there on accident.