Acer Aspire 5750 Network Connection problem

TeamSAXON

Estimable
Dec 2, 2015
I have an Aspire 5750 (not G just the regular model) which has had a lot of problems over it's life. Definitely not buying an acer again!

Anyway the current problem I am having is regarding the Network Connection. It will often lose the network completely, this is indicated by a red X over the network icon on the taskbar. This started about a month or two ago.

I have tried multiple things I've found on this and other forums such as:
Flushing and renewing the IP from the command console
Disabling auto IP assignment​

The only things that worked to get the network back besides rebooting were:
Disabling and re enabling the adapter (Atheros 564A98) .. this no longer fixes the problem
Disconnecting and re connecting from the network connections window in the control panel .. this no longer fixes the problem
Running windows network diagnostics which, fingers crossed, still works to get the network back on​

I really want to fix the problem though as it happens multiple times every week.
The laptop is rarely shut down, which may/may not contribute to the problem.

Hi,

Do try these troubleshooting steps that may do the trick.
- Uninstall/reinstall the Network driver.
- Go to Device Manager and uninstall the wireless or wired adapter depending which one is having problem.
- Reboot your laptop and it should reinstall the driver automatically.
- If it doesn't reinstall the driver, download and install the latest driver there is from Acer support site. http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers
- Try connecting to the internet again once the latest driver has been installed.

TeamSAXON

Estimable
Dec 2, 2015

I have uninstalled the adapter already, which didn't help. I've also updated the driver and still.. nothing.

TRENDING THREADS