Solved! Acer Aspire model 533 netbook factory reset

May 13, 2021
I have tried twice to factory reset it following the directions and it keeps getting stuck on 40%. The battery is fully charged and plugged in and I never shut the cover or turn it off. Help please.
It's running windows 10.

Solution
You might also try to create a bootable USB stick by running the media creation tool on the Microsoft web site. You may need to do a complete wipe of all data. Just a guess that there may be an issue with the recovery stuff on the internal drive. It certainly could be a problem with the internal drive, but booting from the USB will give you a different approach. If the problem persists, I would change out the drive. If it is a HDD, this would be a good time to switch to an SSD. It will make a ton of difference.
You might also try to create a bootable USB stick by running the media creation tool on the Microsoft web site. You may need to do a complete wipe of all data. Just a guess that there may be an issue with the recovery stuff on the internal drive. It certainly could be a problem with the internal drive, but booting from the USB will give you a different approach. If the problem persists, I would change out the drive. If it is a HDD, this would be a good time to switch to an SSD. It will make a ton of difference.

Solution