Acer Aspire V5 battery not detected and orange light blinking

adimnar

Prominent
Dec 30, 2017
Hi. I have this problem where my laptop doesnt detect the battery. The orange light for the battery kept on blinking when the battery is attached. When I detached it, the light stop blinking.

My laptop also would not turn on if the charger is not connected.

I have tried to replaced the battery. I thought the old battery was the problem. But the problem still continues with the new battery. The new battery is the original from Acer.

So i need help to diagnose this problem. Anyone know what happened?

It could be the charger. Sometimes, when a charger is going bad, it will not charge the battery but will run the device. Try charging when the laptop is turned off (not sleep or hibernate but actually off). If it charges then, it is the charger that is the problem.

It could be the charger. Sometimes, when a charger is going bad, it will not charge the battery but will run the device. Try charging when the laptop is turned off (not sleep or hibernate but actually off). If it charges then, it is the charger that is the problem.

Feb 19, 2018
First you have to check the charger output right voltage, if charger is good next you need to check if motherboard is outputting right voltage to battery (either 12v or 16v) if voltage to battery is good then battery circuit definitely the problem, even new battery can have faulty circuit. if voltage to battery is bad then motherboard is bad.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
I Laptop Tech Support 1
J Laptop Tech Support 8
Acer aspire e 15 Laptop Tech Support 2
L Laptop Tech Support 1
G Laptop Tech Support 1
A Laptop Tech Support 1
C Laptop Tech Support 3
B Laptop Tech Support 1
Y Laptop Tech Support 4
C Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 1