Acer AspireOne 722 keeps giving me a "No bootable device error"

athenei

Commendable
Sep 6, 2016
I bought this netbook back around Christmas of '12.. In spring of '13 the screen got smashed. I had a student at the nearby university recover my data from this device and another that was having significant virus troubles. I finally purchased a new screen for my acer but now I get an error every time I turn it on. Alt+F10 do nothing. I've played around with the functions under F2 and nothing changes. I don't have easy access to acomputer to download a new os and Acer wants me to pay $20 for one when I spent $250 on the laptop and $40 on a new screen. I just want my netbook back!

prestocreams

Commendable
Sep 3, 2016
you should remove all devices that is connected to your laptop, then try going to the BIOS screen and check on boot option if your Hard Drive is on first boot?

athenei

Commendable
Sep 6, 2016
I've tried to load setup defaults. I don' know how to remove and reinstall the hdd. I also dont't know how to find out if my harddrive is on the first boot. I'm not totally incompetent but I do have some small computer knowledge. Can y'all walk me through it?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
dude_is_that_pasta Laptop Tech Support 1
A Laptop Tech Support 0
D Laptop Tech Support 3
A Laptop Tech Support 1
K Laptop Tech Support 1
P Laptop Tech Support 1
M Laptop Tech Support 1
T Laptop Tech Support 1
W Laptop Tech Support 1
L Laptop Tech Support 1
A Laptop Tech Support 2