Solved! Acer laptop not starting up properly; I believe it to be stuck in sleep mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.

gingerontheroof

Estimable
Jan 30, 2016
This started about a week ago where my laptop turned off then turned itself on again a few times before settling on a black screen. I believe it to be stuck in sleep mode as the fan is OFF (as opposed to everything else I found) but the power button is lit up as well as the ones on the front of the laptop as well as my USB cooling pad when it's plugged in, strangely. It's happened a few times but seemed to fix itself after a few hours of being off. I believe it to be sleep mode as I noticed today after taking my laptop downstairs (so I had to unplug the charger and close it) the screen was black when I opened it again. I have tried everything I have read about such as restarting it, taking the battery out and holding the power button for 2 minutes.

Hi,

Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help.
- Start by doing a hard reboot, remove the battery and unplug the AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds then see if it would boot up normally.
- Next is to reseat the RAM if using a different AC adapter will not work. Remove them all for couple of seconds then put them back in making sure everything is seated properly.
- If your laptop would stay on do run Windows Update and install all updates available.
- Check Acer Support site as well if there's any BIOS update available.
- If all these will not work do run a complete factory reset as well.

Hi,

Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help.
- Start by doing a hard reboot, remove the battery and unplug the AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds then see if it would boot up normally.
- Next is to reseat the RAM if using a different AC adapter will not work. Remove them all for couple of seconds then put them back in making sure everything is seated properly.
- If your laptop would stay on do run Windows Update and install all updates available.
- Check Acer Support site as well if there's any BIOS update available.
- If all these will not work do run a complete factory reset as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B Laptop Tech Support 0
K Laptop Tech Support 0
R Laptop Tech Support 2
S Laptop Tech Support 0
V Laptop Tech Support 0
Arthurdensley Laptop Tech Support 1
LilApplication Laptop Tech Support 3
Pasiya98 Laptop Tech Support 3
Mohamedd123 Laptop Tech Support 1