Acer laptop won't boot

Miyokami

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2011
Hi
I have an Acer 5100, for the past week everytime that i try to turn it on i receive an error message. AT first my computer would turn on right after the message appear, but now it won't turn on at all. The computer freezes at the loading "Microsoft Corporation"

The error message is the following:

System BIOS Version: V2.70
Bus:06, Device: 02, Function:00
Error
Resource Conflict- PCI in slot 03
Bus:06, Device: 04, Function:00
Error
Bus:06, Device: 04, Function:01
Error
Bus:06, Device: 04, Function:02
Error
Bus:06, Device: 04, Function:03

Press <F1> to resume, <F2> to Setup

I've tried turning it on without the wireless card, I've tried the F8 button after pressing the F1 (nothing worked there), and i've tried to restore it to the default (it sits on the please wait after loading the REM image). I don't know what else to do. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Miyokami

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2011
I have the recovery disk but my DVD/Cd drive stopped working a while back so i bought an external DVD/CD drive. When i did try to reboot it with the cd, it just freezes on "please wait".

biebel

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2011
Hi,

Boot from a CD or dvd will not change anything!
Apparently there is a hardware conflict in your computer.
This can either be because of; Corrupt BIOS or the lithium battery in your laptop have no juice anymore...

Hit F2 and try to restore your BIOS to Defaults, then save this and exit.
This should fix your problem, make sure no usb is attached at that time.

If the problem still persists then check the lithium battery and place a new one.
If this also does not fix the error then there is a hardware fault, and your laptop may need service.

friendly greetings!

biebel

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2011
also try this.

When you power up your computer, Hold ALT button and repeatedly press F10 button.
This should bring up a restore screen to reinstall windows.
If you did not delete the restore partition it should boot up normally.

Warning, by doing this you loose all information on your hard-disk!

If your computer freeze to with this, then surely check the hardware as i say before.

Good luck!

Miyokami

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2011
Hi,
I tried to boot my laptop with the Avg rescue Cd and that didn't work, i scanned it but it just won't boot up. I tried the alt and F10 and that doesn't work either. I'll get a new battery and if that doesn't work then i'll get it repaired. Let me know if there is anything else you think i could try.
Thank you both for your suggestions.