no matter what i do my acer laptop won't turn on. i had it on aleep mode, but it froze when i came back to uae it, so i had to reboot. however, it wont turn on now. When i try the light does go on, the fan whizzes, but the laptop stays off and black screened and goes quiet. I can't remove the battery without damaging the laptop, I tried using the pin-dized hole in the back, and i tried ctrl+alt+delete and unplugging the charger, nothing seems to work. Please, I'm desperate here, all my work is on this laptop and I haven't had a chance to back it up, please, please help me out.
Please do try these troubleshooting steps that I suggested to others that may help. I would suggest checking video guides from YouTube on how to disconnect the battery off the laptop.
- Start by doing a hard reboot, remove the battery and unplug the AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds then try booting it up again.
- If this will not work, do test the AC adapter if it's working properly. Remove the battery and power the laptop with just the AC adapter connected and see if it will boot up or not. do also try a different AC adapter that has the same voltage and see if it will work or not.
- Proceed with reseating the RAM's if trying a different AC adapter will not work, remove them all for couple of seconds then put them back in making sure everything is seated properly.
- If it will still not work, connect an external monitor and see if you'll get any display from it. If there's a display on the external monitor that could mean that the problem is the built in display.
- But if there's still no display on the external monitor that means the problem lies in the motherboard.