Acer Need factory restart, error at startup.

Chanan

Commendable
Jan 17, 2017
I need to factory reset my acer computer. I hit Alt-f10
I get two options Troubleshoot and Turn off PC.
I select Troubleshoot
I get six options.
System Restore
System image recovery
startup repair
command promt
firmwave setting
go to previous build

I choose system Restore

I get a message to use system restore you must specifty which windows instalation to restore

restart this computer , selecting an operatimg system them select system restore

SO what do i do?

This comes because of an error i get at boot yp
The boot config data does not contain
file bcd, error code oxc00000098

P.S. I have no disks,

Solution
So it should but did it boot up properly afterwards?

If it's still there, you could run a couple more scans whilst in the Command form.

At the prompt, type
sfc /scannow
then hit Enter
and when that completes, and it may take some time, type
chkdsk /r
and press Enter again. That will definitely take a longer time. Finally, you need to type exit at the prompt then restart the machine.

You will then have run Windows' System File Checker to see if any crucial files are corrupt or missing and you've run Checkdisk with the /r switch which tries to fix any disk errors it finds.

After all that, hopefully the system will come back on in a better frame of mind.
Fire it up again and this time, choose Command Prompt. At the prompt, type
bootrec /fixmbr
then press Enter and again, at the prompt, type
bootrec /fixboot
and hit Enter again.

Post back with the results and also tell us which version of Windows you're running.

Chanan

Commendable
Jan 17, 2017
I am not sure what version of windows is on the computer. But it says microsoft windows 10,0.14393
The command promt says The operation completed Successfully

So it should but did it boot up properly afterwards?

If it's still there, you could run a couple more scans whilst in the Command form.

At the prompt, type
sfc /scannow
then hit Enter
and when that completes, and it may take some time, type
chkdsk /r
and press Enter again. That will definitely take a longer time. Finally, you need to type exit at the prompt then restart the machine.

You will then have run Windows' System File Checker to see if any crucial files are corrupt or missing and you've run Checkdisk with the /r switch which tries to fix any disk errors it finds.

After all that, hopefully the system will come back on in a better frame of mind.

Solution