Solved! Acer Recovery advise

Jan 13, 2019
I decided to do a factory restore (reset) on my girlfriends Aspire E1-522 laptop. I thought the process would be simple following the instructions to create a recovery drive on a usb flash drive. How wrong i was.

Whilst the laptop boots off of the flash drive and allows me the very many options to restore to factory defaults. It always fails sometimes after getting up to 32% after many hours with the message "There was a problem resetting your PC. No changes were made.

There seems to be no MBR on the physical drive, but if i boot into Linux off a USB drive i can see all the partitions.

I have also created a windows smart boot DVD but it does not show me any of the partitions.

Given i have followed all the instructions to the letter, it seems that now i am left with an expensive door stop.

Can anyone advise best course of action ?

Many thanks

Pros

Jan 13, 2019

It is Win10, i did not see an option to allow windows to format and re-create the partitions. I tried all the options in the advanced options. I will take another look this evening when i get home. Thanks for your reply

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
tiltawhirl Laptop Tech Support 1
D Laptop Tech Support 0
Calonca Laptop Tech Support 1
C Laptop Tech Support 5
M Laptop Tech Support 1
H Laptop Tech Support 3
G Laptop Tech Support 11
A Laptop Tech Support 0
M Laptop Tech Support 0
S Laptop Tech Support 1
T Laptop Tech Support 1