Solved! Acer Recovery advise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 13, 2019
I decided to do a factory restore (reset) on my girlfriends Aspire E1-522 laptop. I thought the process would be simple following the instructions to create a recovery drive on a usb flash drive. How wrong i was.

Whilst the laptop boots off of the flash drive and allows me the very many options to restore to factory defaults. It always fails sometimes after getting up to 32% after many hours with the message "There was a problem resetting your PC. No changes were made.

There seems to be no MBR on the physical drive, but if i boot into Linux off a USB drive i can see all the partitions.

I have also created a windows smart boot DVD but it does not show me any of the partitions.

Given i have followed all the instructions to the letter, it seems that now i am left with an expensive door stop.

Can anyone advise best course of action ?

Many thanks

Pros

Solution
Delete the partitions while booted from the windows install media (advanced options) and let windows format and create the partitions itself while installing.

Which windows do you wanna install?
Jan 13, 2019

It is Win10, i did not see an option to allow windows to format and re-create the partitions. I tried all the options in the advanced options. I will take another look this evening when i get home. Thanks for your reply

Status
Not open for further replies.