Acer stopped booting after using ccleaner

SeguinSam

Commendable
May 19, 2016
Used CCleaner on my new acer laptop, it rebooted said it was repairing and it will not load past the Acer logo or stops on a blank screen. I can use a mouse so I not sure if the boot manager corrupted or Windows 10 is now corrupted. I can't get in to BIOS, can't get into the recovery partition or boot to a usb. I am stumped.. I want to fix this on my own I hate to send it away for repair for a something I can fix myself.

Solution
If you can't even boot the system to the BIOS that is a sign that something aside from Windows is corrupted. What happens when you turn on the laptop? Does the BIOS screen come up? You can't use any keys to actually get into it though?

Why run a cleanup utility on a new system? There is pretty much no need for those at all unless you have issues with something, and although many people like that ccleaner utility, I have seen it cause issues too many times to use it or have people use it. If there are issues with corrupt files or registry, a clean Windows setup is the way to go, not try to fix a broken OS.
If you can't even boot the system to the BIOS that is a sign that something aside from Windows is corrupted. What happens when you turn on the laptop? Does the BIOS screen come up? You can't use any keys to actually get into it though?

Why run a cleanup utility on a new system? There is pretty much no need for those at all unless you have issues with something, and although many people like that ccleaner utility, I have seen it cause issues too many times to use it or have people use it. If there are issues with corrupt files or registry, a clean Windows setup is the way to go, not try to fix a broken OS.

Solution