Acer Windows 7 - Blank Screen

joy72010

Estimable
Sep 1, 2015
When I turn on my Lap Top I am able to get as far as the Desk Top screen without any problems.
The problem begins when I try to access anything else from the Desk Top such as log into the internet or access a program. What do you think the problem could be. I have tried performing a complete scan using Vipre.

Solution
Hi,

Please try loading the PC into safe mode and see if it's the same.

To access safe mode:
1. Turn the PC off, turn it back on and keep tapping F8 on your keyboard until you see Advance Boot option.
2. Under Advance Boot Option select Safe Mode then press enter (mouse won't work so you need to use your arrow key)
3. Once in Safe Mode and it's working normal disabled your start up items.
4. Press Windows + R then in the Run box that will appear type in "msconfig" then click OK
5. In System Configuration click on the tab that says Startup and click on Disabled all.
6. Click Apply then OK and if it ask you to restart your PC please do so.

If the PC is still not responding inside Safe mode try accessing Task Manager and see if it will...
Hi,

Please try loading the PC into safe mode and see if it's the same.

To access safe mode:
1. Turn the PC off, turn it back on and keep tapping F8 on your keyboard until you see Advance Boot option.
2. Under Advance Boot Option select Safe Mode then press enter (mouse won't work so you need to use your arrow key)
3. Once in Safe Mode and it's working normal disabled your start up items.
4. Press Windows + R then in the Run box that will appear type in "msconfig" then click OK
5. In System Configuration click on the tab that says Startup and click on Disabled all.
6. Click Apply then OK and if it ask you to restart your PC please do so.

If the PC is still not responding inside Safe mode try accessing Task Manager and see if it will open or try other program. Worst case scenario is you might to reformat your PC.

Solution