AcerAspireV5-121 Won't Boot

Mr_JT19

Estimable
Aug 28, 2015
hi i have an Aspire V5-121 which will not boot properly. when i turn it on with the power button the lights come on and the fan starts spinning but the screen is black. after about 6 or 7 seconds the fan stops but all the power lights are still on and working but still a black screen?? the laptop has windows 8 installed on it plus I have Ubuntu installed on it as well. The computer was working fine last night but today will not boot at all i do not even see the acer start up picture. i have read about in the tech forums looking for similar acer problems and it does seem to be a known thing with these notebooks a lot say about downloading software from acer and booting it with USB but haven't found such BIOS software that i can boot from a USB. I am quite tech savy so cud prober;y fix with correct instructions. I haven't got a clue on this one. need help badly need to fix this notebook???

Solution
Hello

Can you please confirm if you have already tried hard resetting your laptop? Many problems can be resolved by doing so.

Here's how you can hard reset your laptop:

> Unplugging the power adapter.

> Pull the battery out of the laptop.

> Press and hold down the Power button for approximately 45 to 60 seconds.

> Release the Power button.

> Put the battery back and try starting the laptop.

> If this fails, try plugging the power adapter and then starting the laptop.

Hope this helps. :)
Hello

Can you please confirm if you have already tried hard resetting your laptop? Many problems can be resolved by doing so.

Here's how you can hard reset your laptop:

> Unplugging the power adapter.

> Pull the battery out of the laptop.

> Press and hold down the Power button for approximately 45 to 60 seconds.

> Release the Power button.

> Put the battery back and try starting the laptop.

> If this fails, try plugging the power adapter and then starting the laptop.

Hope this helps. :)

Solution