JV Montoya

Honorable
Dec 3, 2013
I am creating an image on my PC using Acronis True Image home 2011. I just wanna ask if it's safe to include disc D: when I put a check in it it says ''It is not recommended to backup a partition itself'' I just wanna know if it's safe. Please answer ASAP

Solution
Normally, it's safe, but if your backup destination is drive D, I don't recommend it. Like I said, it's not wise to store a backup on a partition you are currently backing up. If you have an external drive, I recommend using it to backup to. If you only have a single drive with partitions C & D, you can backup partition C to D, but even that isn't wise. If the whole drive fails, you will have lost partition D with your backup on it.

Hawkeye22

Distinguished
Normally, it's safe, but if your backup destination is drive D, I don't recommend it. Like I said, it's not wise to store a backup on a partition you are currently backing up. If you have an external drive, I recommend using it to backup to. If you only have a single drive with partitions C & D, you can backup partition C to D, but even that isn't wise. If the whole drive fails, you will have lost partition D with your backup on it.

Solution