Adding tweaks and software components to an ISO file

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ragahv

Honorable
Dec 30, 2012
I have an ISO file called: LBUNTU.ISO which is an iso made for an installer for the linux OS.

It's already bootable and ready to be installed on a hard drive. Before i install the OS, i would like to integrate or slipstream some software into the ISO. Then install it so the software appears to be in the OS after i load the OS desktop.

I additionally wish to add some tweaks like GUI, skins and themes so when i load the desktop i may use whatever i put in before.

Can someone please suggest a software for adding options to an iso file.
Is there a app that exists out there that cana integrate new functions and modify the source code of the iso file to add some comments and functions/events into an ISO?

I know Nlite can slimstream drivers and perform some tweaks but it does not let the user add software to the ISO file. I would like to put in my photoshop, virtual machines settings into the ISO. How do i do this? im not going to use a disc. I will use a hard drive for install so i do not have to worry about large file sizes. I can use sysprep but thats not a tool for linux

JQB45

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2006
Using NEMO file manager you can extract the files and folders to an empty location on your HDD. Then add the components to the proper locations inside the Folder structure. Then right click on the folder and choose "Compress...", then choose ISO.

Status
Not open for further replies.