Adobe Premiere Elements 10 AVI Files No Video

Soulraptor

Honorable
Jul 22, 2013
So I use Premiere Elements 10. I import the avi files. The screen shows nothing, but the audio is playing. Fun fact: I recorded a long gaming session to upload to youtube in parts. So I split the same file in half in Premiere and uploaded it. Forgot to save. Now I come to split it again in the same place. No video.

Any help?

Have you tried importing the files again? What did you use to record the gaming footage? There may be a problem with the video codec and that could be the reason you are seeing only a black (empty) screen and just hearing audio. Try importing the footage using a different preset or use something like MPEG Streamclip or Handbrake to encode it to a file type Premiere Elements will be able to recognize.

Soulraptor

Honorable
Jul 22, 2013

Yes I've tried importing the files again. I'm using Fraps to record. Now I don't want to be re encoding every damn file I record, because I have lots of files I need to upload.

Soulraptor

Honorable
Jul 22, 2013

It's fine, but Fraps is not the problem, it plays fine in all the other software I have, but Premiere is my main editing program.