Advent Vega Tegra Note 7 still around?

Daniel Harvey

Estimable
Apr 14, 2014
Hi,
recently i have been looking for a tablet, I want it to be be quad core, light weight, have a good case available, hopefully run android kitkat, and, most importantly, have a sd card slot, as i was hoping to use it as a music player mostly but use the bigger screen for web browsing, youtube, a few games , writing documents (if i can find a free word processor for tablets) etc

so I found the Advent Vega Tegra Note 7 tablet which fitted my use nicely, it was also cheap at ~£130 and I liked it a lot. mainly due to the processor and was surprised by the stylus which i thought was nice.
however I have looked around and it appears that pc world/currys do not sell this tablet anymore, as it is not on their website yet the case is still available at full price.

does anyone know why this is? was there a major fault or something? as it was released last year I believe - bit early to be discontinued?

if there was a problem with these tablets is there a similar alternative? my budget would be about £160 ish hopefully less.
i did find the nexus 7 2013 for about 150 but this doesn't have the aforementioned sd card slot which i was not happy about.

thanks in advance

Daniel Harvey

Estimable
Apr 14, 2014

thanks for the reply :)

do you think it is worth the possible 'risk' to buy a refurbished one even the grade A1 (i think that is the best one?) or do you think it'd be better to buy a newer tablet with better support but slightly lower specs?

Daniel Harvey

Estimable
Apr 14, 2014

thanks for the reply,
I did look at the us version the other day actually, however I think the shipping would be too much.

anyhow, with this tablet being discontinued I have assumed (safely?) that it is no longer supported and there wont be any updates in the future

so I think that unless my local pc world has some older stock (highly unlikely) I will have to choose a different tablet.

if someone could help me with this I would be very grateful as I am not sure about some of the more obscure tablets plus the specs inside them all seem to sound the same.

I would buy the nexus 7 2013 however it doesnt have an sd card slot and I dont know if 16gb is enough for a few videos (a few gb's), music (currently 3gb) and apps on top of this.
and of course there is talk that the new nexus tablet is going to come out this year but it appears as though it will be more expensive than the last two so i cant afford that.

No Ta

Estimable
Dec 1, 2014
Hi I have a Advent Vega tegra note 7" and alas broken the screen digitizer. It still works although it has three cracks in it. But as others state you cannot get parts for repairs (although I have seen power port repairs offered).

They can be opened but inside are a mire of clue and tape, magnets. The battery is taped together and then clued down! Even buying a second hand one for parts is not recommend due to the nature of how they are stuck, glued and taped together.

While it is a great product once up dated to kitkate 4.4.2 , Nvidia have let Their customers down with a device that even small damage makes unrepairable by the consumer.

alexbownsb

Estimable
Feb 6, 2015
Hi...

If you are still having problem with that one then you can read this blog post about free word processor programs in order to get many softwares reviewed at one place, so you will be able to get the one that you think is a perfect match for your choice.