Adware problem (basically immortal)

Kanepoo69

Commendable
Mar 24, 2016
So I have a severe adware problem, I've tried everything, used malwarebytes and adwcleaner, searched for any programs that I don't know were installed and deleted them, done a clean reinstall of firefox and followed every forum I can find with no luck removing it, any help would be appreciated

Kanepoo69

Commendable
Mar 24, 2016
Fair enough, sorry I didn't know how to add a picture or how much info to give. The ads come up in large rectangles at the top, right and bottom of the page and any link I click on moves me to either a dating website or a "get money fast website", random words on the screen sometimes turn green and show an ad if I hover over it. malwarebytes detects it and deletes it for a little bit but it always comes back within an hour or two

What browser? Chrome has a "feature" where it backs up your extensions and configuration to the cloud. Malwarebytes will delete the adware, Chrome will notice it's missing and "helpfully" reinstall it from the cloud. To wipe it out you need to delete your Chrome synced data (option 2), then run Malwarebytes before you run Chrome again.

https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/2390059?hl=en

Firefox may have a similar feature too. I haven't used it in years but they've been trying to copy everything Chrome does.