After Kaspersky Install Internet Became So Slow (Asus Build)

May 26, 2014
Hello I recently bought a new gaming PC and I did a fresh format and new install of Windows 8.1 on my rig. The problem is that when I installed Kaspersky Pure 3.0 my internet became SO SLOW. I got a 32MB Download Line and 4MB Upload and when I installed Kaspersky and trying speedtest my speed is at 1-4MB Download and 0.5~ Upload... It's really messed up. When am shutting down Kaspersky and firewall everything is fine but when I open Kaspersky it makes a mess out of my internet performance. I tried to disable firewall from Kaspersky and nothing happened. Please someone help me :( Computer specs: Motherboard: Asus Hero VII. CPU: Intel 4790K. GPU: Asus GTX 780 STRIX. SSD: Asus Raidr Pci-e. Memory: Corsair Dominator DDR3 1866MHz. PowerSupply: Corsair Ax860I. My Router Asus RT-AC68U

May 26, 2014
Well I unistalled the Kaspersky and my internet connection it's like a rocket :) What antivirus shout I buy. I want one that doesn't effect my computer performance overall, my internet and to be safe. Bit-defenter is any good ?

Arishka

Estimable
Mar 16, 2015
I love Avast on my Windows 7 machine - never had a problem with internet connection. Just upgraded to new machine with Windows 8.1 and Avast has been a real nightmare. Tried everything to resolve it. Just did complete uninstall and now my internet connection is great. Now I'm also on the search for something that will work.