After Kaspersky Install Internet Became So Slow (Asus Build)

May 26, 2014
Hello I recently bought a new gaming PC and I did a fresh format and new install of Windows 8.1 on my rig. The problem is that when I installed Kaspersky Pure 3.0 my internet became SO SLOW. I got a 32MB Download Line and 4MB Upload and when I installed Kaspersky and trying speedtest my speed is at 1-4MB Download and 0.5~ Upload... It's really messed up. When am shutting down Kaspersky and firewall everything is fine but when I open Kaspersky it makes a mess out of my internet performance. I tried to disable firewall from Kaspersky and nothing happened. Please someone help me :( Computer specs: Motherboard: Asus Hero VII. CPU: Intel 4790K. GPU: Asus GTX 780 STRIX. SSD: Asus Raidr Pci-e. Memory: Corsair Dominator DDR3 1866MHz. PowerSupply: Corsair Ax860I. My Router Asus RT-AC68U

May 26, 2014
Well I unistalled the Kaspersky and my internet connection it's like a rocket :) What antivirus shout I buy. I want one that doesn't effect my computer performance overall, my internet and to be safe. Bit-defenter is any good ?

Arishka

Estimable
Mar 16, 2015
I love Avast on my Windows 7 machine - never had a problem with internet connection. Just upgraded to new machine with Windows 8.1 and Avast has been a real nightmare. Tried everything to resolve it. Just did complete uninstall and now my internet connection is great. Now I'm also on the search for something that will work.

TRENDING THREADS