After performing Heat Reflow on the GPU and Chipsets, The Laptop Cannot Switch on Again

Stoval

Prominent
Jul 28, 2017
The laptop Had a Black screen. No back lights and no images. i used touch light to check if i could see anything but saw nothing. i tried connecting to an external but nothing displayed.
so i performed heat reflow on hp g6 1127-sl laptop. AMD procesor and Chipsets. The Laptop Wont Turn on Again. whats happening and What Can i Do now To Make it Turn on Again.

Solution
Agreed, getting concerned by the number of 'should I stick it in a oven to fix it' threads, when that was originally a fix for a very small number of GPU's from a limited time period.

By reflowing it you may have unmade or merged some other solder joints, remove the harddrive, extract the ram (just in case it is useful elsewhere, and send it for recycling.

Stoval

Prominent
Jul 28, 2017

what shd i do nw

USAFRet

Illustrious

Take it to a repair shop, or toss it and get a new one.
What specific diagnosis did you do to determine that the reflow was the proper course of action?

13thmonkey

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2006
Agreed, getting concerned by the number of 'should I stick it in a oven to fix it' threads, when that was originally a fix for a very small number of GPU's from a limited time period.

By reflowing it you may have unmade or merged some other solder joints, remove the harddrive, extract the ram (just in case it is useful elsewhere, and send it for recycling.

Solution