Solved! Alcatel TCL LX

Feb 27, 2020
According to the manual i can only use a 32gb SD card with my TCL LX. I was wondering if anyone has tried to use a 64gb SD card with it and what the outcome was? I need to buy a replacement SD card and really want to upgrade to a 64 but I'm not sure if it will even work considering the max in the specs is 32. Any help or info would be greatly appreciated thank you.

Solution
If you were to install a card that is not the right kind/size for the device you would get the following...

1. It 'might' work, but only part of the storage space.
  2. It may work, full space, but then when you try to access anything on it, either some or all the items on it won't work.
  3. The device won't even recognize the card.

NOTE: Depending on what you want to use it for, this could also be an issue. In the listed above, you could lose whatever you put on it (files, photos, etc.). Now if you are looking to make the SD card able to have apps on it (which is a whole other issue) then you definitely do not want to try an incorrect size (storage size) SD card. Even if your device can make the change to the card for that (to...
If you were to install a card that is not the right kind/size for the device you would get the following...

1. It 'might' work, but only part of the storage space.
  2. It may work, full space, but then when you try to access anything on it, either some or all the items on it won't work.
  3. The device won't even recognize the card.

NOTE: Depending on what you want to use it for, this could also be an issue. In the listed above, you could lose whatever you put on it (files, photos, etc.). Now if you are looking to make the SD card able to have apps on it (which is a whole other issue) then you definitely do not want to try an incorrect size (storage size) SD card. Even if your device can make the change to the card for that (to run apps), it would never work at all to do so with the wrong storage size.

Solution
Feb 27, 2020
Thank you so much. I was hoping to use it for apps as well as storage for movies and pictures. I'll play it safe and just stick with the 32. Thank you again I really appreciate your help.

TRENDING THREADS