Alleged NASA Hacker Granted Stay in UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

fonzy

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2005
He's a pawn they are using him for whatever reason.I still don't believe that they would keep there most top secret projects not secured open for pretty much anyone to look.

UbeRveLT

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2009
Wow, that's some impressive work. Although he sure as shit knew what he was doing, so therefore some form of punishment would seem just.

Marco925

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2008
The hacker also suffers from a rare case of autism, Asperger's Syndrome.

It's not a form of autism, it's a form of PDD, Autism is a form of PDD much like Asberger's is, Autism is just the most commonly known one and Asberger's isn't even that rare.

andyp363

Distinguished
May 13, 2010
Still going strong awesome
the "agreement" is so wrong
America can come over to the UK and point a finger at somebody in the street and have them extradited. no reason required. (though hacking is fair 50/50 for US or UK court though)
This guy has only held out so long due to support from the news.

2 billion penguins

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2010
IMO if one person managed to do so much damage, then there is some kind of problem lol. It seems like a lot of hassle just to get one guy in the US too, they should just prosecute in the UK, unless they have something to hide. Otherwise they should just learn their lesson, and really rethink the way they manage their data.

G

How he got in was because thousands yes thousands of machines in NASA and pentagon had default adminsettings ie no passwords and no fire wall he just logged on absolutely true he looked around for UFO stuff then left notes for the systems administrators telling them their security was shit. What he did was not extraditable the damage was invented to make it extradiable. He was arrested in 2002 never even interviewed by the US and left with full internet access for over three years until the UK signed the rediculous one-sided treaty that meant they did not need to show any evidence of the so called damage. Evidence submitted at the time was thrown out of court as inadmissable and hearsay. The only damage he did was to some egos.

borisof007

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2010
How about instead of spending all that money trying to get the guy over here for "justice", we beef up our security loopholes that this guy managed to single handedly get around.

Kthx, I'd rather not have a real life modern warfare 2 scenario

Zoonie

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2007
If you ever watched this guy tell his story, you'll see there's something seriously fishy about the whole think.
His interview should be on youtube.

the_krasno

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2009
I have asperger's myself and I can tell you, it's no excuse. He was on his right mind when he did what he did.

But, the question remains. What did he find that the USA is so desperate to silence?

santfu

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2010
he didn't find anything, the only thing he found was half a picture that he thought might be something but the person on the computer that he got onto closed the connection (turned it off?) while he was downloading the picture (he said it was a big picture and he only had a slow connection - this was 2000 or something after all)

I will be getting UK biased media here but extraditing him does seem a little harsh, i listened to an hour long interview with him on a BBC radio station, he seemed ok, if a little odd - like a precosious child really.

if the US do extradite him i hope there is good provision for people with syndromes like his in the penal system.

xrodney

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2006
Unless he deleted some huge xxTB database recovery should takes something from few minutes to few hours.
And IF he deleted some important files and they are not backed up => fire on spot person responsible for IT infrastructure.

anamaniac

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
Aspergers is no excuse, but then again, I think what this guy did was epic.
The world needs hackers, where's the fun if we're not on our toes?

hanrak

Distinguished
May 24, 2006
[citation][nom]santfu[/nom]he didn't find anything, the only thing he found was half a picture that he thought might be something but the person on the computer that he got onto closed the connection (turned it off?) while he was downloading the picture (he said it was a big picture and he only had a slow connection - this was 2000 or something after all)I will be getting UK biased media here but extraditing him does seem a little harsh, i listened to an hour long interview with him on a BBC radio station, he seemed ok, if a little odd - like a precosious child really.if the US do extradite him i hope there is good provision for people with syndromes like his in the penal system.[/citation]

Oh i think your only telling half the story there my friend, i think you will find he clearly states he had seen pictures of massive disc shaped objects in hangers along with a full staffing list labeled as "off world officers" If anyones interested in this sort of stuff you should really look into this, his story is absolutely incredible and i for one beleive him. The USA Gov is pretty desperate over this i can tell you.

tinnerdxp

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2008
No worries... The moment he realizes how great the internet providers are here in the UK and he will go somewhere else... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.