Alternative to ATH-AD700X?

Zarken

Commendable
Nov 20, 2016
I've just recently acquired the Audio-Technica ATH-AD700X and while i think the sound is great i'm not as in love with them as I want to be for the price. My biggest gripe is that the headset is too large for my head and it causes it to slip, i've tried using the rubber band "mod" but that just puts unnecessary pain on my head, plus I think it's wrong to do that to a £170 pair of headphones.

My question is, which headset is the best and is around the price of the AD700X for Gaming? I've been looking into the AKG K612PRO's and have had thoughts of pairing it with the Creative Sound Blaster Z but as I'm new to this area of peripherals I'd like to hear other peoples thoughts.

Thanks!

Solution
I like the Sennheiser PC 350 (Headset with Mic). I like the Sennheiser because it's lightweight, extremely comfortable, and noise cancelling. They're closed ear, but they seem to breath just fine. I've had headphones that make you sweat, and the Sennheiser's don't. I've had headphones that slip, but these don't. If I had the money, I'd get the Sennheiser PC 373D for gaming because of the 7.1 surround sound. None of these have the superior sound range of your AD700X though.

smashjohn

Prominent
Aug 14, 2017
I like the Sennheiser PC 350 (Headset with Mic). I like the Sennheiser because it's lightweight, extremely comfortable, and noise cancelling. They're closed ear, but they seem to breath just fine. I've had headphones that make you sweat, and the Sennheiser's don't. I've had headphones that slip, but these don't. If I had the money, I'd get the Sennheiser PC 373D for gaming because of the 7.1 surround sound. None of these have the superior sound range of your AD700X though.

Solution