AMD Catalyst Control Center launching problems

Metius

Honorable
Oct 26, 2013
After my PC short circuited from water damage and I had to replace all the hardware inside Ive noticed problems with the application "AMD Catalyst Control Center". Whenever I try and open it from the right click drop down menu or the taskbar the window appears for a second or two and then just closes itself and proceeds with a "host application has stopped working" error message. I have tried clean uninstalling my drivers for my GPU and reinstalling them to no avail. Also if its relevant after my PC short circuited I've noticed that some games stutter and freeze for a split second that didn't previously do that maybe thats somehow linked with the whole Catalyst Control Center/driver issues.

PC specs:
GPU: AMD Radeon HD 6870
CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz
Mobo: Asus P8B75-M LX
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB
PSU: Cooler Master Extreme Power Plus 650W
HDD: Western Digital WD Caviar Black 2TB HDD

Metius

Honorable
Oct 26, 2013

Did this and no fix, I had a feeling this wouldn't work since i've already done an extremely clean uninstall with no traces of it in the universe then reinstalled it and that didn't work. This leads me to believe its a problem with another software like .net framework?

Metius

Honorable
Oct 26, 2013

Tried it multiple times and then more, still no fix.... Thanks for looking for solutions and I apologize for being so hopeless :p Is there anymore possible ways of fixing this??

aford10

Distinguished
You can go to the control panel-->users and computers. Create another user account. You can then log off the computer as your account and then on as your new account. If the problem doesn't follow to the new user account, you can delete and re-create your account.