Amp with bass management

centropy

Commendable
Jun 24, 2016
I have a pair of JBL studio 530 speakers and SVS PB2000 Subwoofer and I am looking for a amp that can give me bass management.

I was recommended the NAD 356BEE by a friend would that be ideal for this setup or not?

Budget $1000.

Thx!

Solution
I just looked at the owner's manual for both the SVS PB2000 sub woofer and the NAD 356BEE and they both look like very nice units. The only thing is that the NAD does not offer bass management. In order to provide bass management a receiver or amp has to have a sub-woofer output on the back panal, which the NAD does not have. But that is not important because the SVS sub-woofer does not require an amp to have built-in bass management because the SVS can handle that itself. If you look at the back of the SVS there are RCA type connectors that indicate line in R and L, these would go straight to the NAD connectors that are marked Pre Out 1. With this connection and the the three adjustement knobs on the back of the SVS, you can dial it in...

Rocky Bennett

Respectable
May 25, 2016
I just looked at the owner's manual for both the SVS PB2000 sub woofer and the NAD 356BEE and they both look like very nice units. The only thing is that the NAD does not offer bass management. In order to provide bass management a receiver or amp has to have a sub-woofer output on the back panal, which the NAD does not have. But that is not important because the SVS sub-woofer does not require an amp to have built-in bass management because the SVS can handle that itself. If you look at the back of the SVS there are RCA type connectors that indicate line in R and L, these would go straight to the NAD connectors that are marked Pre Out 1. With this connection and the the three adjustement knobs on the back of the SVS, you can dial it in to your taste.

Solution