Amplifier doesnt output sound to one speaker

BrokenAmp

Honorable
Oct 1, 2012
Hi, I have a Technics SA-DX 1050 amplifier from 2001. When I hit test mode, all the speakers output noise normally. However when I connect TV/ DVD/ phone into any of the inputs, sound comes only from the left speaker. If I put the volume up to high, I can hear noise coming from the right speaker but it's not music. It seems like the amp is not picking up the right input, but for either multiple or all sources. Please does anyone know what's wrong, or how to fix this?

BloodHK47

Honorable
Jun 25, 2012
Try making sure wiring is correctly connected. I've had times when one of my speakers wasnt outputing sound and what was wrong was it wasnt connected to receiver. Also make sure that receiver is set so that its not excluding any other speakers such as which sound mode its running.

davidwas

Honorable
Oct 5, 2012
Sounds like the wiring. First check that its all in correctly. If there's still a problem, I would check for any frays in the wires.

Since you are getting sound on the speaker when you go through the speaker level setup the problem is not the speaker or the wiring going to the speaker. It happens with different sources so they are OK. The input selector in the receiver seems to be the problem. Given the age of the unit repairing this may not be worth the investment. Your unit has analog and digital inputs. It may only happen on only one type of input so try connecting the other way. The digital inputs will be better sounding and give you better surround.