Question Amplifier turns on, sub makes a thud, then amp turns off.

wildjake4

Honorable
Oct 23, 2017
So, I've been trying to wire up my subwoofer for absolutely ages and I'm completely lost now. I'm using a Pioneer GMD8701 paired with a Pioneer TS-A300B 1500 watt subwoofer/box.

I've had the setup working, but unfortunately my aftermarket head unit died. I ended up buying a new one, and hooked it all up and it's only got one RCA output for the sub, no input.

When I turn my car ignition, the amp turns on in power protection. It then goes into regular power mode and the sub makes a loud thud, the amp then goes back into power protection and turns off entirely.

I've checked the voltage with the multimeter and everything is as it should be, so I'm really flawed and was wondering if having no sub input was potentially the cause?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jun 17, 2023
I would spend 20$ get what I call a converter box at Walmart it turns reg speaker Chanel’s into useable inputs for amp I use it on stock cars so u hook up wires to your reg speakers and the other end will have rca connectors but FIRST hook it all up except for that input and if and only if there’s no protect light untill you connect it to the amp then this box thingy will fix u right as rain