Solved! android system recovery mode

gownsbygaetana

Prominent
Jan 26, 2018
My Samsung Tab A will not go into the Recovery Mode even though I have pressed and held the Volume UP and Power keys together for 20 seconds until the second Samsung word is fully displayed. By this time my fingers are going numb so I release the buttons! I do get a display saying "Android is restarting" and the normal Home screen appears.

I am in the dreaded REBOOT LOOP and need to clear the cache. I have tried at least 10 times so far to no avail.

Solution
After search through lots of YouTube clips, I finally found out that you must hold the HOME and VOLUME UP keys first and then the POWER key. It was funny trying to hold three keys at once but it WORKED. So I got in and wiped the cache partitions so hopefully the boot loop goes away.

gownsbygaetana

Prominent
Jan 26, 2018
After search through lots of YouTube clips, I finally found out that you must hold the HOME and VOLUME UP keys first and then the POWER key. It was funny trying to hold three keys at once but it WORKED. So I got in and wiped the cache partitions so hopefully the boot loop goes away.

Solution