Android TV: Is there a way I could keep an app BOTH on my box AND the SD Card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

C-Ronaldo7RM

Estimable
Apr 7, 2015
Me and my parents both have Android TV boxes. I have a standard Android TV MXQ quad-core box and my parents have a specially programmed Albanian Android TV box called VIP TV. On their box they have an app called AlbAppTV which gives them Albanian channels to watch. I bought my Android box specifically to get this AlbAppTV app, but I learned that the only version that worked is version 4.0, which was removed not only on Android app stores but there were also no more APK files on the internet for this app besides versions that don't work. But I realized that 1) Of course, my parents' box has version 4.0 and 2) The box came with an SD Card. I was thinking that I could put the app on the SD Card and go put it on my box, but I don't know if it will still be on my parents' box if I put it on the SD Card. So that's the only thing that concerns me, because I'm afraid I could mess up my parents' box by doing this. I'm not looking for any alternatives to get Albanian channels, I've tried many and even if there is more ways, I'm not interested in them. All I want as an answer is how I can transfer the AlbAppTV app from parents' box to my box while my parents still keep the app and don't lose the app. Please help, without this my Android box will have totally gone to waste! Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.