Anonymous Threatens to "Destroy" Facebook in November

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkerson

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2009
This should be entertaining. If they actually do what they say they are going to do, it will be quite the spectacle. I wouldnt mind seeing FB go down in flames.

Baygul

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2011
[citation][nom]Anomalyx[/nom]We'll have to wait for a new president for that one, but at least this is a step in the right direction.[/citation]

Well...election day is only 3 days after.

Baygul

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2011
If people would only remember a basic rule of the internet, it would not matter what FB does with your info. Never put on FB (or any other public web site) any information you do not wish shared with everyone else, including the Gov't, your employer, and your family.

zulutech

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2011
Facebook is like a boat. A hole in the water in which you put money; except instead of money, its information, and everyone at google knows that money and information are synonymous.

There is a heart to this corruption however. Its fed by the money which is invested by the people who buy and use this information. (Which is mostly the government.)

Marthian

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2010
I hate it when hackers publicize crap like this. Granted, I'm not for the Facebook thing either, but honestly, if your going to hack something, you should do it secretly.

f-14

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2010
as much as i hate myspace and facebook....
facebook? really, this is the best they can do?
if they want to help the world they should be more intent on making public all the information the federal bank in america has.
stupid script kiddies don't have a clue.
they have already lost
they are a legion of powerless and misinformed soon to be arrested & forgotten.

holdingholder

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2011
What the hell is up with all the "yes, great please destroy facebook!" comments. I for one actually like Facebook, it's a great way to link up with and keep in touch with old friends from school and people you haven't seen in years. I would be pretty pissed if it went down.

stingertja

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2009
[citation][nom]jkflipflop98[/nom]How many innocent electrons have been literally ripped from their covailence shell and been flung into servitude for Farmville?End the madness! Save the electrons![/citation]

That's just brilliant!

scalor

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2011
I would understand if Facebook forced people to create accounts, but they're not.

Why don't they do something useful and go after the RIAA.

azconnie

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2009
Remember, remember the fifth of November
Gunpowder, treason and plot
I see no reason why gunpowder treason
Should ever be forgot

Guy Fawkes, Guy Fawkes, 'twas his intent
To blow up the King and the Parliament
Three score barrels of powder below
Poor old England to overthrow
By God's providence he was catched
With a dark lantern and burning match
Holloa boys, holloa boys
God save the King!
Hip hip hooray!
Hip hip hooray!

A penny loaf to feed ol' Pope
A farthing cheese to choke him
A pint of beer to rinse it down
A my wise and beautiful friend of sticks to burn him
Burn him in a tub of tar
Burn him like a blazing star
Burn his body from his head
Then we'll say ol' Pope is dead.
Hip hip hooray!
Hip hip hooray!

adriangb

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
Man, I'm sick of FB myself... I mean, I know they're keeping all my pics, my comments, heck, they know when I have a test even if I don't know! The thing is, FB is not optional anymore... It used to be just a tool to connect, chat, share pics, play a bad game (if you have the time)... But now it's like having a phone number, you just can't live without it...

I say take f*****g FB down, maybe then we'll get some other tool that actually does just what it's supposed to...

darkavenger123

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2010
I support! I can't delete my old old account in Facebook as well. And have accidentally created two. Why can't they just let people delete off their own account? What kind of NAZI regime is running facebook??

Burn it down!!! I fully support Anonymous!

darkavenger123

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2010
[citation][nom]neoverdugo[/nom]Finally!!! I would like to see that happining[/citation]
Yeah, but Facebook forced you to open your account FOREVER. Like a certain religion...it's one way ticket to hell....you can always check in, but never check out....

Welcome to Hotel California.

wiyosaya

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2006
It is pretty unlikely that they will kill facebook forever. I am no facebook fan, I do not have a facebook account and do not see the use for one, so don't get me wrong. IMHO, no matter how hard they hack down facebook, it will be like that garden weed that just keeps coming back, or the chipmonks in my yard that keep coming back. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.