Anti-Virus's disabled windows 10

PC-4LIFE

Commendable
Nov 14, 2016
I got a windows message saying firewall is turned off, but I payed no attention to it as I could access the McAfee App and that said real time scanning was active and I ran virus scans. It seemed to be enabled just fine.

In security and maintenance it said both windows firewall and McAfee firewall were turned off, but I could access the windows Defender just fine too and there was no problem.

Fast forward to today. Opened McAfee app and noticed it was a little sluggish. I tried running a scan but it said unknown% complete (something along those words), and the file counter remained at 0. I restarted my computer but same problem.

Eventually I made my way to services, and noticed that key McAfee services were disabled. I re-enabled them all and set them as automatic and now McAfee works fine.

Why did this happen? I ran another scan and no issues.

Solution
a virus can do that

a windows or antivirus can do that too

try with another antivirus and see if it behaves better, mcafee doesn't do much in reality

from time to time run adwcleaner or another malware removal tool to be sure you don't have that kind of surprises

atljsf

Estimable
Jun 17, 2015
a virus can do that

a windows or antivirus can do that too

try with another antivirus and see if it behaves better, mcafee doesn't do much in reality

from time to time run adwcleaner or another malware removal tool to be sure you don't have that kind of surprises

Solution