Antivirus not installing

Shauryya

Honorable
Feb 6, 2014
Hi,
I was using bitdefender 2015 till until a while ago when it started hogging on memory and slowed down the pc like hell. Once i uninstalled it via the control panel. It asked whether it wanted to uninstall and still protect and i clicked no. Once it uninstalled, I rebooted my computer and tried to install any other antivirus from the net (namely quickheal). It does not download. I believe that this is a problem of bitdefender leftovers which is not allowing any other antivirus/antimalware to run. Please help fast

Solution
It will depend on how bitdefender works, i dont use it personally.
But if it has any sort of firewall capability then when you uninstalled it.

It should of enabled windows firewall or windows security center of what ever version of windows os you are running on your system.

If the case go into either program and check the settings of each, you may find each set to high so lower the settings to medium or low either of the two MS programs.

It should then allow you to click on a download and save the file in your users download folder via what ever browser you are using such as google chrome ok.

Shaun o

Distinguished
It will depend on how bitdefender works, i dont use it personally.
But if it has any sort of firewall capability then when you uninstalled it.

It should of enabled windows firewall or windows security center of what ever version of windows os you are running on your system.

If the case go into either program and check the settings of each, you may find each set to high so lower the settings to medium or low either of the two MS programs.

It should then allow you to click on a download and save the file in your users download folder via what ever browser you are using such as google chrome ok.

Solution

Shauryya

Honorable
Feb 6, 2014
Thanks for the help but i didn't get most of what you said, mainly because of a bit of wrong grammer
in response to your answer, it does download the program (quickheal), but does not let the installer run and download anything. so basically im without an antivirus and my sensitive data is without protection, so i disconnected it from the internet as of now
Would appreciate someone with the knowhow of Bitdefender to help out