Any good small android tablets with capacitive screen

bustapr

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
Hi, im looking for a small tablet I can use as a media player and web surfing. I want a 3.5 inch to 5 inch, and a capacitive screen. And minimum to have android 2.2, so I can have flash. I was considering the archos, but it has a bad screen.

Are used phones on ebay like the droids a good alternative to an actual tablet? If there isnt any good ones now, should I wait for the 5 inch galaxy tab?

My main use for it would be to hear music. I dont have a smart phone nor can I afford the staggering monthly fees of a contract.

I heard of a new 5 inch galaxy tab, will that a better alternative than anything out now?

ty

Syele

Honorable
Jun 18, 2012
I use an old Droid x for this and it works quite well. It has a 4.3-inch screen. I got mine on eBay so no contract was attached. Wifi works excellently for everything I need- web surfing, Google play store, games etc. Flash works and it has a nice music player. Since 95% of the time I'm in excellent WiFi zones, I use Skype for my main phone on it getting a phone number cheaply from them.

Reading ebooks is a little cumbersome because I still find the screen a bit small for extended reading but have read several on it anyhow.
I can play flash games from Facebook on it but it is very slow for most of them.
Battery life kinda sucks but it used to be better, I think my Droid is getting pretty old and that's why.

So basically, a smartphone works fine as a small tablet. Droid X is getting a little old now, so I'm probably going to find a new phone to upgrade to. I considered getting an actual small tablet for my upgrade instead of a new smartphone but I found that most of them are too big for my taste (cant easily fit in my pocket) and the cameras on them are not as nice.

TRENDING THREADS