Any help appreciated thnks

goldengirls2000

Honorable
Feb 27, 2012
Hello,
Hiya a few days ago i started having trouble with my laptop, i installed a java update, since doing ths it turned itself off then kept coming up setup repair, now when i turn it on it comes up saying windows failed to start, a recent hardware of software might be the cause. and to fix the problem 1 insert ur disk, 2 choose ur language settings and then click next or 3 click repair ur computer. i am so confused ive tried my back up disk, ive tried set up repair which just runs for hours on end and ive tried re-booting my laptop. What do i do??

willard

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2010
Try booting into safe mode and doing a system restore to before you performed the update. The procedure for that will vary depending on what version of Windows you have. You can find the info pretty easily by searching Google for Windows 7 safe mode and Windows 7 system restore (if you're on Windows 7, for example).

goldengirls2000

Honorable
Feb 27, 2012
Hiya willard, i cant get onto my laptop at all when i turn it on its just a black screen then says i may have files which are corrupted i don't understand why its doing this, iv'e also tried the back up disk, that does not work, iv'e tried putting it in safe mode to, i can't search out on my laptop because it won't load in windows keeps saying windows can't be installed and it may of been wiped from the cdrive. You any idea how i could get windows back, like i say even tried back up disk and the startup repair. Could my hard drive be broken? it worked great my laptop a few days ago.