Question port extender help

corvairbob

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2016
i have the hp elitebook 745 with amd ryzen 5 3500u on it. it seems to have one of those usb-c ports and that port show the pd the wifi and the SS on it and i'm told that port can run the lan and a monitor, plus the normal usb ports. so can some confirm that for this model?

i need to move the lan and hdmi ports from the side to a spot in behind the pc. i know i can't move then physically but with some type of device that i can plug into one of the usb ports and set that device behind the laptop and then have more room to the right side on the pc for the mouse.

i have a small work place next to the kitchen table that is the size of a mouse pad and having the cables for the mouse the lan and the hdmi take up a lot of that space. i use a monitor and that is for the hdmi

i have a hp port replicator now but that is dropping the lan often so that must be starting to fail and might be why it was on ebay. i did get one of those port extenders from ebay that plugs into the usb-c port and that works the usb ports and the lan port but fails to run the hdmi or vga port so the monitor will not work. i would like to get a port extender that will plug into that usb-c port as that gives me quick access to the 2 pc usb ports and then i do not have to go after the extender for using the usb ports for stuff like backup and my hearing aid programmer. etc.

i tried to insert dropbox links and they fail maybe this site link will work

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/yi9bpd5b8wpcmhzc82fhk/h?rlkey=msab7dx71az91qv8kfafle1w3&dl=0