Solved! Any laptops that can output 4K, Dolby Vision HDR, Dolby Atmos to external soundbar and TV?

Beyar

Honorable
Sep 18, 2013
I recently bought a P65-F1 Vizio TV (4K and Dolby Vision HDR capable) and the SB36512-F6 Vizio soundbar (with Dolby Atmos and 4K HDR pass-through).

I would like to stream 4K HDR Dolby Atmos content, however, Netflix, for whatever reason, only supports Dolby Atmos on LG OLEDs, XBox and Windows 10.

Since I am needing a new laptop anyway, are there any out there that I could hook up to my theatre system to achieve the above?

From reading Intel white papers, it says for HDR output you need HDMI 2.0a. I have found many laptops which state HDMI 2.0 but not 2.0a. Can 2.0a be had with a firmware update or is it a hardware thing? Would 2.0 actually be sufficient?

Note, I already know the chipset requirements so am just trying to figure out the HDMI situation.

Thanks in advance.

Solution
I wouldn't know unless I did the deep research to find out.
maybe someone else here has some knowledge and will chime in at some point.

If perhaps you were interested in a media PC though that is guaranteed to support 4K and HDR I can offer you a PC build that you can quickly slap together from parts if you tell me what country you're in.

Otherwise a prebuilt desktop would be the same story as the laptop, would need to do deep research into motherboard HDMI ports on systems to find one that has at least HDMI 2.0a

xSimply1337x

Honorable
Jan 16, 2014
I wouldn't know unless I did the deep research to find out.
maybe someone else here has some knowledge and will chime in at some point.

If perhaps you were interested in a media PC though that is guaranteed to support 4K and HDR I can offer you a PC build that you can quickly slap together from parts if you tell me what country you're in.

Otherwise a prebuilt desktop would be the same story as the laptop, would need to do deep research into motherboard HDMI ports on systems to find one that has at least HDMI 2.0a

Solution