Any opinions on Sony Movie Maker

BlueJays92-93

Estimable
Oct 8, 2014
Hi All,

I'm looking to begin to do some video editing soon and I need to get myself some editing software. I am completely new at the whole video editing thing so I need something that's quite user friendly (I use windows btw so iMovie isn't an option). I was thinking of going with Sony Movie Maker Platinum just because it seems easy to use and is on the cheaper side (< $100 CAD). Does anyone have any opinions on the software or any other (windows comparable) editing programs that are not very expensive (my budget is probably about $150 CAD... ~ $135 USD)?

Any help people can provide would be much appreciated :)

Solution

Not the particular linked X7, but yes. I've used that series since Paintshop Pro 2, years ago.
Currently using PSP/Video Studio X4.

Works very, very well.

Before Corel bought JASC and the PSP suite, it was a little better. After, Corel seemed to be adding crap, just because. The later versions have gotten better. X3 and later.

BlueJays92-93

Estimable
Oct 8, 2014

Do you have any experience with it? I would love it if a Corel product were the one I was using (just because they're a local company and I'd like to support them) but I've never really heard the best things about their products.

USAFRet

Illustrious

Not the particular linked X7, but yes. I've used that series since Paintshop Pro 2, years ago.
Currently using PSP/Video Studio X4.

Works very, very well.

Before Corel bought JASC and the PSP suite, it was a little better. After, Corel seemed to be adding crap, just because. The later versions have gotten better. X3 and later.

Solution